PHARMAC is lifting most of the temporary restrictions on dispensing medicines put in place during COVID-19 to manage supply. These restrictions will be lifted at 11.59pm on Friday 31st July 2020, so from 1 August, you will be able to dispense three months’ supply of most medicines.
There are still some restrictions in place due to ongoing supply issues including:
- Oral contraceptives will continue to be restricted to three-month dispensing.
- Medicines that were on monthly dispensing before 27 March 2020 will continue to be dispensed monthly.
- There are 16 medicines that will remain on monthly dispensing due to supply issues. You can read the list of these medicines (including pharmacodes) on the PHARMAC website.
Med Chart vs. Med Review
There are 2 types of Medication Profiles. They differ slightly in their setup and what they report on.
Foil Review (or Medication Review) shows the medicines in a group (by ReceiptID).
- The Medication Review prints the dispensing date of the highlighted scripts.
- There is also no pre-setup required before printing except to make sure all the scripts are grouped, by highlighting the scripts, right clicking then select ‘Group Scripts’.
Medication Chart shows the scripts for a patient that have been marked as ‘C’ (for continuous) or ‘P’ for PRN.
- The Medication Chart prints the ‘Start Date’, the dispensed date of the script when the script was first marked as ‘Continuous’ or ‘PRN’. It may not be the most current dispensed date and not necessarily the very first start date.
- Setting up and maintaining the Medication Chart takes a little longer than the Medication Review.
Note: If you are printing Medication Charts/Reviews, make sure you have viewed an up to date copy or copies of the patients full medication chart which always remains at the resthome/within Medi-Map or 1Chart.
Getting stuck on something? Before you pick up the phone and call us, please have a look in Instant Help. RxOne has very comprehensive Instant Help notes on all the functionality within RxOne.
You can access RxOne Help from almost anywhere within RxOne by pressing F1, or you can access it from the Home Screen or main menu bar in each module. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please let us know by giving us a call, or email [email protected]